Privacy and Data Protection have become key legal aspects to consider in every type of business endeavor. We face new international legal standards driven by global legislative changes, with a special impact from the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) in Europe.
The new legal scenario urges us to consider data protection in new business models, update user privacy policies, adapt our contracts with providers and clients, and regulate the use of technology within the company, among various other aspects.
In this dynamic and globalized context where data is a central value for business models, while new rules on the matter arise, it is especially important to make a proper analysis from an international approach without leaving aside the local perspective. All this should be done with a cost-effective mindset. Also, the analysis should address not only strictly normative aspects but also the strategic protection of the differential and competitive value that the data may have for each specific business.
In this context, our team provides the following services:
- Comprehensive compliance and auditing advice on privacy, cybersecurity, and data protection issues from a domestic and international perspective. In particular, our services are aimed at the identification and mitigation of risks, with strategic solutions adapted to the business and based on risk management.
- Advice on cybersecurity and security incidents.
- Advice for marketing and advertising projects and actions.
- Drafting legal documents, internal programs, policies, and procedures.
- In-house training programs on the subject.
- Guides and/or FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for user communities.
- Advice on the implementation of best practices required by local and international regulations, both for regulated and nonregulated businesses.
- Advice and drafting of legal documents on privacy, data protection, IT, cloud services, big data, e‑commerce, and automation processes.
- Advice on the protection and compliance with regulations regarding databases.
- Review and implementation of legal documents in line with current local and international standards (contracts with customers and suppliers, user privacy policies, and internal company regulations, among others).
- Counsel and advise on requirements and procedures before administrative and judicial.